Earning money is one of the most vital functions of any individual in a society. As such, people always go out of their ways to find the best and most viable means to sustainable income generation. Aside from the usual white collar jobs that are tied to a specific workplace, workers now have a choice to work anywhere, anytime they want as long as they have good internet connection because of the emergence of online jobs and other earning opportunities proliferating in the Internet. However, just as the Web is diverse in its wide range of income generating options, it is also a dangerous place because workers need to be wary about scams and fake offers so that they will not be cheated out of their hard-earned money.
This article will be focusing more on the legitimate ways to earn money, opportunities that will require you to work really hard for your money. After all, hard-earned cash is more fulfilling than any “get-rich” scheme can be.
- Earn money by working on websites that pay.
You can join websites that pay you to do a variety of legitimate tasks from taking surveys to using their search engine. Here are some tried and tested websites that have been proven to pay a reasonable amount of extra cash for your time and effort going there.
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks is a great site for earning money in terms of earning it through doing tasks from taking surveys to using their search engine. Instead of merely surfing the Web, spend the time here earning some extra cash. They have a $5 sign up bonus.
- InboxDollars – InboxDollars works similarly to Swagbucks and also gives you $5 just for signing up.
- Project Payday – This site provides you with legitimate income source from getting paid to get trial offers. It works like this: The site pays to do a free trial of the product, and if you can keep tack of the subscription and cancel it before you get charged for the product, then you will definitely earn well here.
- User Testing – User Testing is all about testing websites. They pay $10 per tested website wherein the testing process usually goes from approximately 15 to 20 minutes. This is how it works out: User Testing leads the user to a site where the website owner pays the user, who is new to the site, try to navigate it and then give suitable comments at the end of the experience.
2. Sell your stuff online.
Nothing beats the entrepreneurship paradigm of earning money. Tried and tested since time immemorial, selling stuff has proven to successfully give stable income to hardworking men and women around the world. The emergence of the cyberspace only expanded the scope of this field, thereby creating a wider avenue for profit from an audience that is not tied to an specific place. Online stores and buy-and-sell platforms have made entrepreneurs more dynamic in their selling techniques, as well as allowed to reach their products out to more potential customers using a more efficient system of selling items and shipping them to their buyers at record time.
Aside from creating a website for your online store, you may opt to join and participate in the following buy-and-sell platforms:
- Amazon – works in a retail business paradigm, as it accepts products of well-established companies. In some cases, third party sellers can use Amazon to distribute products. Listing products on Amazon is free, but after the sale, Amazon charges a flat fee of $0.99 per sold item, as well as a percentage of the total sales of every item (6 to 25%).
- Ebay – is more seller-oriented, as it works on an auction business model. This model enables sellers to offer products buyers within an eBay store or through the auction site’s classified section. Ebay charges sellers an insertion fee for listing items for sale on the site, and they pay 10% of an item’s sales price back to the company, up to a maximum of $250 per item.
3. Be a Freelance Writer.
If you love writing, then why not make it a great source of income? As long as you are great in attending to details, and willing to research for facts as much as possible, freelance writing will make you a good form of job, especially if you work hard on it.
You can write articles for freelance websites, some of which are enlisted below.
- Listverse – Listverse accepts articles that are constructed as a list, most commonly known as “listicles”, wherein the content includes 10 things and consists of 1,500 words at the minimum. This site pays $100 for each accepted post.
- TopTenz – Similarly to ListVerse, TopTenz accepts listicles of at least 1,500 words to be posted in their website. But it pays the writer $50 for each accepted post. Nevertheless, the chances of your article being accepted for publication in their site are fairly high because they are one of the most frequently posting informational websites in the Internet.
- FundsforWriters – FundsforWriters pays contributors $50 for each accepted post with a word count of 500-600 words. Their niche is on the ways people can make money through writing.
- iWriter – This site is a freelancing writing platform that pays $15 to the writer for each finished and approved post. They let you pick the exact topics you will write there and you have the freedom to write as many articles as you want. But their paradigm works in an interestingly strict time limit: 1 hour for every article.
4.Establish yourself in blogs, and earn more through affiliate marketing.
Blogging has long been established as a way of expressing one’s freedom of speech, as well as an avenue to provide high quality content of worthwhile information. In recent times, blogs have also been proven to be a good source of income through advertising and affiliate marketing. The two main blog platforms where you can publish your content are Hubpages and WordPress.
When you already have a significant amount of traffic (readers to your blog), you can utilize this traffic to earn money through advertising and affiliate marketing. You can earn money from the clicks in the ads in your website, especially in companies such as Google Adsense and Medianet. Affiliate marketing, on the other hand, involves promoting products or services by putting a link or banner on your webpages where you can get commission every time someone buys or avails of the said product or service. One highly reccomended and successful earning opportunity is affiliate marketing is to be an Amazon affiliate, where you write blogs on product reviews based on your chosen niches. Here is another affiliate marketing avenue – just click this link:
5.Be a member of online job platforms.
Online job platforms are the best source of jobs in the Web because they collate all job seekers and employers in one place, categorizing jobs by specializations and term of work. They offer both freelance and long-term employment that will enable you to work on a stable salary and flexible work hours at any place convenient to your working style.
For those people who want to work as a freelancer, enlisted below are the most reccomended and most efficient freelance working sites, that are strategically catering to Filipinos, anywhere in the world.
- Elance – The Elance website states to all freelance workers that “We [Elance] add an 8.75% service fee to the price you quote for a job. When your client pays you, we deduct the fee and pass the rest on to you.” At present, Elance is a growing freelance work platform with over 95,000 registered Filipino users.
- Fiverr – a freelancing platform wherein workers post gigs and charge a primary amount of $5 for the completion of the assignments, with additional payment for add-ons instructed by the client.
- 199jobs – is a marketplace of jobs where you can buy or sell simple services quickly at an easy and affordable rate of P199. Sellers will benefit from its three-tier rate fee system: A) Sell P6000 or more last month: 10%; B) Sell P3000 to P5999 last month: 15%; and C) Sell P2999 and below last month: 20%
For long term employment specifically geared towards Filipino workers, I recommended joining Onlinejobs.ph and EasyOutsource.com. These sites work in the same paradigm wherein there is no fee charged towards job seekers, and they need to fill out a job seeker profile which includes basic contact information, and skills and work experience. Every day, you can expect new jobs to be posted on the site, and you can apply to as many jobs as you want, as long as you have all the qualifications specified in the job posts.
All in all, you have the opportunities of earning online at your finger tips. The best thing you need to do, after reading this article, will be to evaluate which of the five ways is most suitable for your working style. There is no doubt that you will indeed earn your needed money, as long as you work hard for it.